Oven Baked Egg Avocado
I bet you never thought to bake an avocado in the oven. Believe it or not, the warmth of the oven creates a delectable creaminess within the avocado. You get the power boost and protein from an open faced egg that's seasoned with everything bagel spice blend, crisp crumbles of bacon, a splash of lemon juice and cool diced tomatoes.
Honestly, what's not to love? There's no better way to start your day than with a rich, savory and healthy breakfast.
- 2 Ripe Avocados
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Slices of Bacon
- 2 Tablespoons Diced Tomato
- Sea Salt (To Taste)
- 1 Half Cut Lemon
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Cook bacon until done. Once cooled, crush or cut into smaller pieces and set aside.Calories
- Cut ripened avocados in half and remove the pit. To keep them from browning while you prep, rub a little bit lemon juice on the surface of the avocado.
- Place each avocado in a small baking pan next to each other. If you have trouble with them staying face up or tilting to the side, take a piece of aluminum foil and create a little cup to set the avocado half in.
- You want to make sure the your egg stays securely nested in the center, use a teaspoon to remove some of the avocado. Crack one egg into each of the avocado halves.
- Place them into the oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove when the egg whites have become opaque and the yolks begin to firm up.
- Sprinkle spice with spice seasoning, bacon crumbles, diced tomatoes and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Dig in and enjoy!