I have a tendency of just cooking to my hearts content. I don't always follow recipes or write everything down. I usually add a little bit of this, a lot of that and some of those to achieve the vision in my head. You know how it is...the ancestors start whispering to you until you've added just enough spice.
Well, on this very day I actually jotted down the recipe for this tasty Red Smoke Rice & Honey Pepper Shrimp dish. Give it a go and try something new!
- 1 cup jasmine or bismati white rice
- 16 ounces of large peeled & deviened shrimp
- 1/4 cup Red Smoke Spice Blend
- 2 tablespoons Honey Pepper Spice Blend
- slivered scallions for garnish
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil or avocado oil
- Cook one cup of rice according to manufacturers directions. Pour 1 tablespoon of oil over the rice and sprinkle in the Red Smoke Spice Blend and mix to coat the rice and set aside.
- In a bowl, add the Honey Pepper Spice Blend to the shrimp and thoroughly mix to ensure that each piece is evenly coated.
- Heat a medium sized pan and add 2 tablespoons of the oil. Once the pan is heated add your shrimp and cook until each side is opaque and pink, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Plate your rice and top with the shrimp, garnish with slivered scallions and enjoy!