This is the weirdest winter weather wise. You either have snow that doesn't do much of anything, icy rain with temps below freezing or winds so gusty, you just might get blown away. Our creamy potato soup will take the chill out of your bones and fill up any of those empty spots.
- 8 medium gold potatoes (peeled and cubed, smaller pieces cook faster)
- 7 slices of bacon
- 3 large celery stalks (diced)
- 3 large carrots (diced)
- 1 medium onion diced
- 6 cups of Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Stock or Better Than Bouillon Seasoned Vegetable Stock
- 2 tablespoons of salted or unsalted butter
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- salt & pepper to taste
- mild or sharp cheddar cheese
- Monterrey Jack cheese
- slivered spring onions
- bacon crumbles
- sour cream
- In a large stock pot cook 7 slices of bacon on medium hear until done. Remove from pan, let drain and cool and do a rough chop of all the slices. Set aside the bacon grease from the pan.
- In the same pot, heat on medium heat and add butter. Cook celery and carrots for 5-8 minutes. Add in onions and 3 tablespoons of the bacon grease and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock to the pan and cook for 10 minutes. Add the potatoes, heavy cream and flour.
- Cook on medium high heat for 5 minutes and then reduce to medium heat. Cook until potatoes are fork tender. Use a stick blender to emulsify some of the vegetables. I like having texture in my potato soup so I only use the stick blender for one minute or until its a smooth chunky texture. If need be, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into your bowls. I love cheese so i add at least 1/4 cup or little more to my bowl. Top with crumbled sour cream, bacon and spring onions. Enjoy!