So I know a lot of you are probably Netflix and chillin' with the family given the situation that has swept the country in the past few weeks. This recipe is a part of our welcome email for new subscribers but I decided to share it to give you one less meal to worry about. It's an easy meal to make and the kids will love it.
- Oven ready lasagna noodles
- 3 cups of mozzarella cheese
- 2 1/2 cups Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella
Double Meat Sauce
- 2 (24 ounce jars) marinara sauce
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 tablespoons of salt (divide in half)
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoons of garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoons of sugar
- 16 ounces of ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons of parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Heat pan on medium heat. Add ground beef and let cook for 2 minutes. Add 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt, pepper, garlic and oregano and cook until meat is thoroughly cooked an brown.
- Drain meat and pour both jars of sauce into the pan. Add sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Pour meat into the sauce and let simmer for 10 minutes on medium low heat.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix all of the ricotta mixture ingredients until completely incorporated and smooth.
- Ladle a cup of meat sauce into the bottom of the crock pot dish. Next, add a layer of lasagna noodles. You may have to break to fit the areas where the noodle is too long. Top with half of the ricotta mixture and then layer with 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese. Repeat the layers. Top with noodles and the remaining sauce. Add the Italian cheese mix as the final layer and turn the crock pot to high and cover with the lid.
- Cook for approximately 2.5 hours. Pierce with steak knife. If the knife slides through easily, it's ready to go. If not, add another 25 minutes of cooking. Once the lasagna is done, let it cool for 10 minutes to set up. Serve and enjoy!